WELCOME!!!




Check the following blog and become a fan!!

you can leave a comment to share your ideas!!!

It would be interesting to know your opinion!!





Sunday, August 22, 2010

My fifth class! The last one!



This class was really interesting because the students were giving suggestions using the modal "should" in order to talk about health problems. I noticed that they liked a lot the warm -up (as always) activity because they were making a drawing of the parts of the body I was saying. This game is called visual consequences and let me tell you that it is a nice game because the students draw one part and they fold the part of the page they used. Then, they pass the folded page to the student standing on their right side. This student continues the drawing with the part that the teacher says. At the end, all of them have a funny drawing in which many students have worked on.

The activity of the class that went well was a listening activity because the students were practicing their listening skills. This activity helped them a lot because after my class, they were going to have a listening comprehension test. The students were working a lot on this listening activity because they knew that this was a good opportunity for them to get a good grade in the exam.



Fortunately, I do not have a part of the lesson that had not been well because the students already know how to give pieces of advice using the modal "should". This class helped them remember what they learned at Basic English, and they knew about health problems because they were studying about it last class.

The students were working in pairs and in groups. I asked them to change partners for every activity because it is a problem when they work with the same classmates.
I am sure that I reached my objective because at the end of my class, the students were able to give suggestions using the health problems I had in my flashcards. In pairs, they took a flashcard and they created a sentence using "should" and another sentence using "shouldn´t" taking into account the flashcard I had given to them.

If I teach that lesson again, I will give more examples using different personal pronouns because I forgot to use plural pronouns in the examples I gave. Fortunately, it did not affect my class.



This is a really nice group and I liked the way we worked during this period. I wish I could have another group like them because they are a group of friendly students who made a good job while I was there. Thanks to them I had a good experience sharing some knowledge with them and at the same time I was learning from them and from my own experience.

2 comments:

  1. Lily,

    Great pictures!! I think you really enjoyed this group. You are doing a great job!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Lili you look very satisfied with the work you have done. That's nice because I know you have worked hard during this period. As you said the last class for today, but new things are waiting for us next period. Let's continue doing our best in everything we do!

    ReplyDelete